5 Tips to Enhance Your Photography
The following 5 tips represent the top 5 things that have helped me the most to develop as a photographer and I continually refer to these to further my development. I hope they also can assist you along your own journey.
1. Looking at photographs that are great will cause you to be a better photographer but it's accurate although it seems easy. Analyze pictures captured by the best photographers in your field.
Personally I've found continually looking at other photographers' work and studying what it is that appeals to me in pictures that I like to have caused the most progress in my photography. I really recommend you to be relentless in which pictures you analyze - don't study good pictures but instead only study 'amazing' pictures. A great photograph will make you stop and take notice and capture your interest. When looking at pictures that are such ask yourself the following questions:
a) What elements immediately appeal to you personally in the image? Is it the light? The topic? The composition? Perhaps it was the low angle viewpoint? Comprehend what it's the fact that you enjoy so much from the image and then set out to include these elements in your work. The more pictures you analyze the more obvious tendencies in what you enjoy become.
b) Discover the time of day the image was shot? Was it at pre-morning or after sunrise? Try and establish a trend and then place-out to shoot during the same times of the day
c) Discover the course of lighting; is the light hitting the subject from the rear, front or is the issue side lit?
d) What theme always makes for a solid image?
VIVITAR 650 2600mm Telephoto Lens for NIKON D5500 D4s D810 D750 D610 D7200 D7100
Time Remaining: 17d 23h 31m
Buy It Now for only: $209.00
Nikon 105mm F 14E AF S ED Nikkor Lens AMAZING F mount D810 D750 D4 D5 D800
Time Remaining: 18d 15h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $1,880.10
Nikon Nikkor AF i 400mm f 28 IF ED lens for D4s D5 D810 D800 D500 D750 D7500 F6
Time Remaining: 16d 7h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $7,895.00
Opteka 85mm Lens for Nikon D5 D4 D7200 D7100 D5600 D5500 D5300 D3400 D810 D500
Time Remaining: 27d 6h 25m
Buy It Now for only: $99.95
Nikon 300mm f 4E D 4 E PF VR AF S ED IF Telephoto Nikkor Lens NEW USA
Time Remaining: 11d 3h 30m
Buy It Now for only: $1,996.95
Nikon 80 400mm VR AF S ED Zoom Lens for D4s D610 D810 D3200 D5200 D7100 Camera
Time Remaining: 9d 8h 24m
Buy It Now for only: $1,899.00
Nikon AF D Nikkor 28 70mm FX lens for F100 F5 N90s DF D4 D610 D7200 D300 D90 D80
Time Remaining: 21d 10h 46m
Buy It Now for only: $109.95
8mm f 35 Super Wide Fisheye Lens For Nikon D7200 D5300 D3300 D800 D90 D4 LF550
Time Remaining: 20d 11h 26m
Buy It Now for only: $179.74
There are numerous online sources where you are able to seek out great pictures in my opinion than 500px. Simply go to the 'Popular' and 'Editors Choice' sections and pick your respective genre (i.e. Landscapes). There is an iPhone App you could download so that you could be inspired whilst you're on the go.
2. Only reveal your very best pictures - not only images you are pretty happy with but images you feel proud to show. There was once a question asked in a presentation by a successful photographer and they were asked a simple question from one of the audience members. The question was how to do you become a great photographer? The successful photographer's response was afterward just as equally easy; 'never show anyone your bad photos'. I think this is very true and only very lately is something which I've started to do better after a recent moment once I realised that I was sharing pictures on social media outlets since I felt the need to keep creating pictures frequently and by doing so compromising on quality and ultimately compromising my standing along the way... Don't make the same error that I just reveal your very best pictures and made. Then such an image is simply not good enough in the event you're in two heads or not sure about an image! Only reveal pictures that you simply are totally convinced that they are a hero shot. Revealing only 5 really powerful pictures is a lot better than showing 8 very strong coupled with two feeble pictures; those two feeble pictures will significantly weaken the impact of the other eight and cause the viewer to modify their perception about the quality of you as a photographer. The old golden rule still remains; quality is much better than amount.
3. This third rule is more appropriate to Landscape Photography. As a way to improve as a Landscape Photographer you have to be very consistent! In the event you go to with a scene and you have captured an image that you're not quite happy with because the lighting circumstances may haven't been the best, then do not settle; until you capture an image of the same scene in amazing light, return to the same location. In the event that you speak to any experienced Landscape Photographer they'll let you know that the majority of their trips and those distressing early pre-dawn starts prove fruitless... Accept that you are sometimes not going to come back with images to share and in the event you are finding that you're getting a worthwhile image on every one of your shoots then because you're fortunate it is not but instead your quality expectations aren't high enough! It takes years to construct an assortment of pictures which you can feel proud of and I have the upmost respect for successful landscape photographers for this very reason as I have a somewhat comprehension of just how much effort has gone into producing their group of pictures.
8mm f 35 Fisheye Lens Wide fo Canon EOS 7D 70D 60D 700D 70D 80D 7100D 450D 600D
Time Remaining: 13d 7h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $149.95
Open Box CANON EF 80 200mm II LENS for EOS 40D 450D 500D 550D 600D 650D 700D
Time Remaining: 18d 7h 41m
Buy It Now for only: $109.99
2x Teleconverter Lens for Canon EOS 500D Rebel T1i450DXSi400DXTi350DXT60D
Time Remaining: 16d 7h 12m
Buy It Now for only: $129.95
Vivitar 650 1300mm Tele Zoom Lens for Canon EOS Rebel Xsi 450D T4I 650D T5i 700D
Time Remaining: 21d 4h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $199.95
Canon EF S 55 250mm IS II Lens Bundle for Canon EOS XSi XS 450D 500D 100D T1i
Time Remaining: 14d 5h 58m
Buy It Now for only: $239.99
Raynox Super Macro for Canon EOS XS XSi 450D 40D 50D 5D
Time Remaining: 23d 7h 58m
Buy It Now for only: $74.95
500mm 1000mm f 8 Tele Mirror Lens for Canon EOS T4I 650D T5i 700D 450D Rebel SL1
Time Remaining: 17d 7h 11m
Buy It Now for only: $95.99
58mm TELE LENS 3X FOR CANON EOS 1000D 450D 400D 350D 500D 5D
Time Remaining: 6d 4h 10m
Buy It Now for only: $59.99
4. Learn as much as you can about your favoured genre of photography. It's quite true; I like to believe that I am only just learning the basics in a lifelong quest to feel fulfilled and you never stop learning. I never stop attempting to learn and I quite consistently seek workshops and tuition from photographers who I deem to be one of the best in Landscape Photography in my area. Fuel my want to learn as much as I can about the craft of photography and I love to find out more. I've met some great folks along my short journey so far and I Have found the community of Australian Landscape Photographers to be a friendly one where we attempt to discuss knowledge to gain one another. Identify your favourite also don't be scared to contact them about receiving some paid for knowledge sharing and photographers locally. Do not anticipate that these photographers will merely tell you everything that they know for free and instead respect that these photographers need to make a living from what they do.
5. Eventually my last tip is to just get out there and shoot! Learn by doing! Stop talking about it and merely do it! Achieve better results through dedicated action. There is going to be mistakes and many frustrations along the way but mistakes are another word for experience. For each failed shoot a lesson will soon be learnt and this is what will considerably enable you to become a better photographer. I've made my share of errors and I'm quite sure as I get more experienced I Will continue to make a few more but I can let you know that I'm considerably better for each blunder that I've made. For example I once left behind an L bracket that supports the camera on my tripod head in the car where I was away bound for a pre-dawn waterfall shoot. Just once I had arrived after completing the hour long trek in the dark did I realise that I forgot the L Mount... Year's on and I've never forgotten that same L bracket ever again...
I expect you got something out of these hints and if so I'd greatly appreciate you letting me know. I'd like to hear your opinions.
Can Make You Popular In Your Neighborhood!
In the event that you have been following my daily articles, you've been working quite hard lately learning all the various photo hints and rules... Now let us try our hands at a truly interesting photo job - which could make you renowned in your community! We just do not understand what, although I understand that those of us who have been bitten by the photo bug frequently wake right up in the morning wanting to shoot something!
Here's a project that can be carried out in a couple of minutes or can continue years - and it is absolutely up to you...
Albinar 500mm Mirror Lens fo Nikon D50 D40X D40 D2H D2X D1X D1H D5100 D7000 D200
Time Remaining: 26d 7h 16m
Buy It Now for only: $85.90
650 1300mm Telephoto Lens T Mount 20 Teleconverter for Nikon D1H D2H D2X
Time Remaining: 10h
Buy It Now for only: $239.96
8mm f 35 Aspherical Fisheye Lens for Nikon D1 D1H D100 D2H D1X Camera
Time Remaining: 23d 8h 3m
Buy It Now for only: $188.08
HD 650 1300mm F 8 F 16 Telephoto Zoom + T Mount for Nikon D1H D2H D2X D3S
Time Remaining: 10h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $214.90
900mm f 8 Mirror Super Telephoto Lens for Nikon D50 D40X D40 D2H D2X D1X D1H D60
Time Remaining: 17d 5h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $189.90
Arsat 80mm f 28 Tilt Shift Lens for Nikon D200 D100 D5100 D3100 D70 D700 D2H
Time Remaining: 1d 14h 17m
Buy It Now for only: $428.99
20 60x 60s 2000mm 6000mm Telescope for Nikon D5500 D3300 D5300 D3100 D70 D2H
Time Remaining: 4d 17h 18m
85mm f 18 Portrait Lens for Nikon Digital DSLR Camera Df D800E D2H D2X D1H D1X
Time Remaining: 15d 18h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $124.96
Most communities have some kind of historical society. Try contacting the local library in case you can't find a listing for one. Pay them a visit once you have tracked them down and request to see old photographs of the area. Find a shot taken back as far as the middle 1800's, possible is ideal, and get a copy of the photo. Now take your equipment, go to the same place and shoot a modern day photo from the same vantage point, etc. Try and duplicate as much of the photo as you can... if there is a horse and buggy going down the street, comprise an automobile at exactly the same spot in your photo. Whether there are people strolling down the sidewalk, set some people in yours too! I am sure you know what I mean! You are attempting to replicate as much as you can. (Don't forget to take the photo at the same time of day!)
Print them out side by side once you're done. This endeavor will teach you more than you can ever predict! It'll not just teach you the way to work with your equipment, but nevertheless, it's going to instruct you to try to find and be observant of details. Not only that, this job is perfect for children just starting out in photography all the way through old retired pro shots. Everything depends on you and how much detail you want to convey.
For example... In the original photograph with folks strolling down the pavement... does your photo reveal them?
Ex+ SIGMA DG AF 120 400mm f 45 56 APO HSM OS for Canon EF EOS 1D 5D Mark III
Time Remaining: 17d 16h 59m
Buy It Now for only: $559.30
Near MintCanon EF 70 200mm f 28 L IS USM Lens EOS 1D 6D 7D 80D 5D mark II III
Time Remaining: 3d 23h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $1,240.00
500mm f 63 Telephoto Mirror Lens fo Canon EOS 1D Mark IV III II 5D 7D 60D T6i T
Time Remaining: 17d 14h 16m
Buy It Now for only: $169.95
Telephoto 500mm f8 Mirror Lens for Canon EOS 1D Mark IV III II 5D 7D 60D T5i T2i
Time Remaining: 6d 12h 10m
Buy It Now for only: $85.95
Canon EF 24 105mm F4L IS USM for EOS 1D X EOS 5D Mark III 7D 70D NEW EMS F S JPN
Time Remaining: 29d 11h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $1,260.00
85mm f 18 Manual Focus Prime Lens for Canon EOS 1D 5D Mark II III 6D 7D 70D 60D
Time Remaining: 28d 22h 26m
Buy It Now for only: $129.96
Canon EF 24 70mm F28L II USM for EOS 1D X 5D Mark III 7D 70D NEW EMS Free Ship
Time Remaining: 24d 17h 14m
Buy It Now for only: $2,445.00
Canon EF 75 300mm f 4 56 III f Canon EOS 1D X Mark II + Accessories KIT
Time Remaining: 14d 4h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $148.42
A photo by a teenaged beginner may not. It's OK. Shoot at your own amount! Are you advanced? If that's the case the strollers are included! We can even go deeper in the event that you want to... Is it the same size family group as the original? Are they made up of exactly the same combination? (Man, girl, three kids.)
To put it differently, you can keep it simple - no people in the slightest! Just the place. Or you can definitely get as complicated as you need. This project is a surefire method to get known in your community - once people have seen your before and following photographs. Compile them into a collection and give a copy to the neighborhood historical society, library, Chamber of Commerce.
Subsequently, do it! Before long you'll have enough of them to put together a 'then and now' type of publication! Chambers of Commerce adore this kind of thing!
YOU'RE going to enjoy this photo project! Not only will you've got lots of fun, learn to master your equipment and develop a critical photo 'eye.' You'll fast become known locally for your photography! To learn more, check the resources box!