5 Tips to Boost Your Digital Photography
The following 5 tips signify the top 5 things which have helped me the most to develop as a photographer and I always refer to these to further my development. I expect they too can help you along your own journey.
1. Looking at pictures that are great will make you a better photographer but it is true although it seems simple. Study pictures recorded by the best photographers in your field.
Personally I Have discovered continually looking at other photographers' work and analyzing what it is that appeals to me in pictures that I like to have caused the most progress in my photography. I truly recommend you to be relentless in which images you study - do not study good photographs but instead simply examine 'fantastic' photos. A great photograph will make you stop and take notice and catch your interest. When looking at images that are such ask yourself the following questions:
a) What components immediately appeal to you in the image? Is it the light? The issue? The composition? Perhaps it was the low angle viewpoint? Comprehend what it's the fact that you like so much from the image and then set out to include these components in your own work. The more images you study the more noticeable tendencies in what you like so much become.
b) Observe the time of day that the image was recorded? Was it at pre-morning or following sunrise? Try and confirm a trend and then set-out to shoot during the same times of the day
c) Find the direction of lighting; is the light hitting the subject from the back, front or is the matter side lit?
d) What matter continually makes for a powerful image?
Nikon 55 300mm f 45 56G ED AF S VR Lens for D3100 D3200 D3300 D5100 D5300 SLR
Time Remaining: 23d 22h 7m
Buy It Now for only: $217.99
Nikon AF S DX VR Zoom Nikkor 55 200mm G ED VR for D40x D3200 D3100 D5200 D5100
Time Remaining: 26d 7h 43m
Buy It Now for only: $99.00
Nikon camera D3100 2 Nikkor zoom lens and camera case never used
Time Remaining: 27d 23h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $330.00
Accessory Kit for Nikon D3100 D3200 D3300 w 18 55mm VR Lens
Time Remaining: 2d 32m
Buy It Now for only: $189.00
Nikon 50mm f 18D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon D3300 D3200 D5300 D5200 D5100 D3100
Time Remaining: 28d 10h 37m
Buy It Now for only: $107.94
NIKKOR 70 300mm f4 56G Lens + 16GB KIT FOR NIKON D3100 D3200 D3300 D5000 D5100
Time Remaining: 4d 2h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $163.88
Full Camera Kit Nikon D3100 + Sigma 17 50mm f 28 + LumoPro LP160 + more
Time Remaining: 26d 16h 54m
Buy It Now for only: $850.00
Bower 650 1300mm f 8 16 Telephoto Lens for Nikon D750 D3100 D3200 + 2X Converter
Time Remaining: 4d 23h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $202.70
There are numerous on-line sources where you are able to seek out great photos but none better in my opinion than 500px. Simply see the 'Popular' and 'Editors Choice' sections and select your specific genre (i.e. Landscapes). There is even an iPhone App which you can download so that you can be inspired whilst you are on the go.
2. Only show your very best images - not merely images you are reasonably happy with but images you feel proud to show. There was once a question asked in a presentation by a successful photographer and they were asked a simple question from one of the crowd members. The question was how to do you become a great photographer? The successful photographer's answer was afterward just as equally easy; 'never show anyone your poor pictures'. I believe this is really true and just quite recently is something which I've began to do better after a recent moment once I realised that I was sharing images on social media outlets because I felt the need to keep creating images regularly and by doing so compromising on quality and ultimately compromising my reputation along the way... Don't make the same error that I made and just show your very best pictures. Then such an image is just not good enough in the event that you're in two heads or not sure about an image! Only reveal images that you're absolutely convinced that they're a hero shot. Showing just 5 really powerful images is a lot better than revealing 8 very powerful coupled with two weak images; those two feeble pictures will substantially dampen the impact of the other eight and cause the viewer to modify their perception about the quality of you as a photographer. The old golden rule remains; quality is better than amount.
3. This third rule is more applicable to Landscape Photography. In order to enhance as a Landscape Photographer you have to be incredibly persistent! Also you've captured an image which you're not quite satisfied with because the lighting states may haven't been the greatest and in case you visit with a scene, then don't settle; return to the same place until you capture an image of the same scene in amazing light. In the event you speak to any seasoned Landscape Photographer they'll let you know that the majority of their excursions and those distressing early pre-dawn starts prove fruitless... Accept that you're not always going to return with pictures to share and in the event you are finding that you are getting a rewarding image on every one of your shoots then it is not because you are blessed but rather your quality expectations aren't high enough! It requires years to construct a collection of pictures that you can feel proud of and I have the upmost respect for successful landscape photographers for this very reason as I have a somewhat understanding of just how much effort has gone into producing their group of pictures.
Canon 1Ds m III Zeiss Planar T 50mm f 14 ZE lens for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Time Remaining: 29d 23h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $425.00
Canon Extender EF 2x Mark III for EOS 1D 1Ds 1Dx 7D 5D II III IV 6D 80D T6i etc
Time Remaining: 23d 7h 22m
Buy It Now for only: $369.99
CANON EF 20 35mm USM Lens for EOS 7D T4i T5i T3 60D SL1 70D 6D 1Ds 5D II III etc
Time Remaining: 11d 7h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $179.99
Tamron EF 28 200mm Lens For Canon EOS 1D 1Ds 7D 5D II III T6i T5i 80D 70D etc
Time Remaining: 19d 17h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $77.77
CANON EF 70 210mm F4 Macro lens for EOS 7D T5i T4i T6i 70D 6D 1Ds 5D II III etc
Time Remaining: 22d 6h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $87.65
CANON EF 28 135mm IS USM Macro lens for EOS 1Ds 7D 5D II III T5i T6i 80D 6D etc
Time Remaining: 23d 7h 6m
Buy It Now for only: $169.99
Canon EF 28mm f 28 Lens for EOS 80D T6i T5i 70D 6D 7D 1Dx 1D 1Ds 5D II III etc
Time Remaining: 29d 7h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $139.99
CANON EF 28 135mm IS USM Macro lens for EOS 1Ds 7D 5D II III T5i T6i 80D 6D etc
Time Remaining: 25d 7h 7m
Buy It Now for only: $174.32
4. Learn as much as you can about your favoured genre of photography. It's quite true; you never stop learning and I like to presume that I am only just learning the basics in a lifelong search to feel fulfilled. I never stop trying to learn and I fairly consistently seek workshops and tuition from photographers who I deem to be one of the very best in Landscape Photography in my area. Fuel my desires to learn as much as I can about the craft of photography and I like to find out more. I've met some amazing folks along my short journey so far and I Have found that the community of Australian Landscape Photographers to be a friendly one where we try and discuss knowledge to benefit one another. Identify your favourite do not be scared to contact them about receiving some and photographers locally. Don't anticipate that these photographers will simply tell you everything that they know for free and instead regard that these photographers need to make a living from what they do.
5. Finally my last hint is to just get out there and shoot! Learn by doing! Stop talking about it and just do it! Achieve better results through activity that is committed. There is going to be errors and many discouragements along the way but errors are another word for encounter. For each failed shoot a lesson will probably be learnt and this is what'll greatly assist you to become a better photographer. I've made my share of errors and I'm quite confident as I get more experienced, I Will continue to make a few more but I can tell you that I am much better for each error that I've made. For example I once left behind an L bracket that supports the camera on my tripod head in the car where I was away bound for a pre-morning waterfall shoot. Just once I had arrived after finishing the hour long trek in the dark did I realise that I forgot the L Mount... Year's on and I Have never forgotten that same L bracket ever again...
I hope you got something out of these hints and if so I'd greatly appreciate you letting me know. I'd adore to hear your comments.
Can Cause You To Be Well-known In The Neighborhood!
When you have been following my daily articles, you've been working quite hard recently learning all the various photo tricks and rules... Now let us try our hands at an extremely enjoyable photo job - that could make you famous in your community! I know that those of us who've been bitten by the photo bug regularly wake up in the morning wanting to shoot something, but we just don't know what!
Here's a job which can be achieved in a few minutes or can continue years - and it is entirely up to you...
Nikon D70s with Nikkor 24 120mm AF D lens EXC
Time Remaining: 25d 18h 52m
Buy It Now for only: $155.00
Exc Nikon Nikkor 85mm 18 D Lens for D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D200 D300 D700 D7000 +
Time Remaining: 27d 1h 15m
Buy It Now for only: $309.95
Nikon AF 28 70mm and 70 210mm FX for Nikon D7080902003007000600800
Time Remaining: 20d 39m
Buy It Now for only: $159.00
Sigma AF 28 80mm and 70 300mm FX for Nikon D7080902003007000600800
Time Remaining: 23d 22h 16m
Buy It Now for only: $125.00
Tamron AF 28 80mm and 70 300mm FX for Nikon D7080902003007000600800
Time Remaining: 16d 8h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $124.00
Sigma AF 28 105mm FX lense Nikon D708090200300600700750800810 7000
Time Remaining: 20d 53m
Buy It Now for only: $139.00
Quantaray AF 70 300mm FX Nikon D7080902003006007007508008107100720
Time Remaining: 23d 22h 20m
Buy It Now for only: $69.00
Nikon Nikkor 24 120mm D f35 SLR DSLR Camera Lens D100 D70
Time Remaining: 10d 21h 38m
Buy It Now for only: $89.99
Most communities have some kind of historical society. In the event that you can't find a listing for one, try contacting the local library. Pay them a visit, once you've tracked them down and request to see old photos of the region. Locate a shot taken back as far as the middle 1800's, possible is ideal, and get a copy of the photo. Now take your equipment, go to exactly the same place and shoot a modern day photo etc., from precisely the same vantage point Attempt to duplicate as a lot of the photo as you can... if there is a horse and buggy going down the street, include a car at exactly the same area in your photo. If there are folks strolling down the sidewalk, set in yours too! I'm certain you know what I mean! You are attempting to duplicate as much as you can. (Do not forget to shoot the picture at the same time of day!)
Print them out side by side, once you are done. This endeavor is going to teach you more than you can ever call! It'll not only teach you the way to work with your gear, but nevertheless, it'll instruct you to look for and be observant of details. Not only that, this project is ideal for children just starting out in photography all the way through old retired professional shooters. It all depends on you and how much detail you need to convey.
For example... In the first photograph with folks wandering down the sidewalk... does your photo show them?
CANON EF S 60mm USM MACRO F 28 Lens for EOS 7D 70D 80D Rebel T5i T6 T6i SL1 etc
Time Remaining: 19d 7h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $299.99
Canon EF 28 70mm f 35 45 II lens mark 2 for EOS 3 Rebel T5 T6 5D 7D 70D 80D
Time Remaining: 18d 2h 40m
Buy It Now for only: $95.95
Canon EF 28 80mm 75 300mm USM lens SET for EOS Rebel T5 T6 80D 5D 7D 6D 60D 70D
Time Remaining: 28d 18h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $129.95
Canon EF 75300mm + 150 600mm TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS FOR CANON EOS REBEL T5 T5I T3
Time Remaining: 28d 22h 12m
Buy It Now for only: $288.88
Canon EF 35 105mm f 35 45 lens macro EW 68 for EOS 3 Rebel T5 T6 5D 7D 70D 60D
Time Remaining: 10d 18h 12m
Buy It Now for only: $59.95
Canon EF S 18 200mm IS Zoom Lens for EOS 7D 70D Rebel T3 T3i T5i T5 DSLR Camera
Time Remaining: 4d 19h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $699.00
Canon EF 24mm f 28 IS USM Lens for EOS 5D 6D 70D Rebel T3 T3i T5 T5i SL1 Camera
Time Remaining: 6d 17h 51m
Buy It Now for only: $549.00
Canon EF 50mm f 14 F14 USM Lens for EOS 70D 5D 6D Rebel T3i T5i T5 SL1 Camera
Time Remaining: 24d 21h 57m
Buy It Now for only: $386.98
A photo by a teenaged beginner may not. It's OK. Shoot at your own amount! Are you complex? If so the strollers are contained! We may even go deeper in the event that you would like to... Is it the same size family group as the first? Are they made up of exactly the same combination? (Guy, girl, three kids.)
To put it differently, you can keep it simple - no folks in any respect! Only the location. Or you also can get as elaborate as you desire. This job is a guaranteed way to get known in your community - once people have seen your before and after pictures. Compile them into a collection and contribute a copy to the local historical society, library, Chamber of Commerce.
Subsequently, do it again! Before long you will have enough of them to put together a 'then and now' type of novel! Chambers of Commerce love this sort of thing!
You ARE going to love this photo project! Not only will you have a lot of fun, learn to master your gear and produce a critical photo 'eye.' You will fast become known locally for your photography! To find out more, check the resources box!