5 Tips to Enhance Your Images
The following 5 tips represent the top 5 things that have helped me the most to develop as a photographer and I continually refer to these to further my development. I hope they too can help you along your own journey.
1. Looking at great pictures will cause you to be a better photographer but it is true although it seems easy. Study pictures captured by the best photographers in your field.
Personally I Have discovered continually looking at other photographers' work and analyzing what it is that appeals to me in images that I like to have caused the most progress in my photography. I truly urge you to be stern in which images you study - don't study good pictures but instead just study 'amazing' photographs. A great photograph will make you capture your interest and stop and take notice. When looking at pictures that are such ask yourself the following questions:
a) What elements instantly appeal to you personally in the image? Is it the light? The topic? The composition? Maybe it was the low angle view? Understand what it is that you like so much from the image and then set out to include these components in your own work. The more images you examine the more obvious trends in what you like become.
b) Detect the time of day the image was recorded? Was it at pre-dawn or following sunrise? Try and confirm a trend and then set-out to shoot during identical times of the day
c) Detect the course of lighting; is the light hitting the subject from the back, front or is the matter side lit?
d) What subject always makes for a strong image?
Nikon 80 400mm VR AF S ED Zoom Lens for D4 D600 D800 D3200 D5200 D7100 Camera
Time Remaining: 2d 13h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $2,296.95
Nikon 50mm f 18 D F18 f 18D Lens Kit D800 D7100 D600 D7000 D5100 D4 Camera
Time Remaining: 5d 12h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $175.98
Nikon 55 300mm VR AF S DX Lens Kit for D600 D610 D750 D800 D800E D810
Time Remaining: 23d 14h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $359.99
Tamron 70 300mm Di Lens for Nikon DSLR D600 D800 D3200 D5100 D5200 D7100 Camera
Time Remaining: 26d 10h 41m
Buy It Now for only: $182.98
AF Zoom NIKKOR 70 300mm f4 56G Lens + NIKON HB 26 + GIFTS FOR NIKON D3000 D600
Time Remaining: 21d 12h 10m
Buy It Now for only: $169.99
NIKON AF S 55 200MM 45 56 G ED VR MINTY D300D300SD500D600D700D800D3DF
Time Remaining: 2d 17h 44m
Buy It Now for only: $64.50
Near Mint Nikon Nikkor AF 300mm f 28 ED Lens D810 D800 D750 D600 D610 D500 DF
Time Remaining: 2d 10h 8m
Buy It Now for only: $1,052.00
Nikon PC E Micro NIKKOR 85mm F28D ED Lens for D4 Df D800 D600 D7100 D5300 D3300
Time Remaining: 8d 21h 57m
Buy It Now for only: $2,800.00
There are numerous on-line sources where it's possible for you to seek out excellent photos in my opinion than 500px. Simply visit the 'Popular' and 'Editors Choice' sections and pick your respective genre (i.e. Landscapes). There is even an iPhone App that one can download so you could be inspired whilst you're on the go.
2. Simply reveal your best pictures - not just images you're reasonably happy with but pictures you feel proud to show. There was once a question asked in a presentation by a successful photographer and they were asked a straightforward question from one of the crowd members. The question was how to do you become a great photographer? The successful photographer's answer was then just as equally simple; 'never show anyone your lousy photos'. I believe this is very authentic and just very lately is something which I've began to do better after a recent moment once I realised that I was sharing images on social media outlets since I felt the need to keep producing images frequently and by doing so compromising on quality and ultimately compromising my reputation along the way... Don't make the same error that I just reveal your very best pictures and made. Then such an image is just not good enough if you're in two heads or not sure about an image! Only reveal pictures that you're completely convinced that they are a hero shot. Showing only 5 really strong pictures is a lot better than revealing 8 quite strong coupled with two feeble pictures; those two poor images will greatly dampen the effect of the other eight and cause the viewer to shift their perception about the characteristic of you as a photographer. The old golden rule stays; quality is much better than amount.
3. This third rule is more applicable to Landscape Photography. As a way to improve as a Landscape Photographer you need to be very persistent! In case you go to with a scene and you have captured an image that you simply are not quite happy with because the lighting circumstances may have not been the best, then don't settle; return to the same place until you capture an image of the same scene in light that is amazing. If you speak to any veteran Landscape Photographer they will tell you that most of their excursions and those debilitating early pre-dawn starts prove fruitless... Accept that you're sometimes not going to return with pictures to share and in the event that you are finding that you are getting a rewarding image on each of your shoots it is not because you are blessed but instead your quality expectations are not high enough! It requires years to construct an assortment of pictures which you can really feel proud of and I have the upmost respect for successful landscape photographers for this very reason as I have a somewhat comprehension of just how much effort has gone into producing their collection of pictures.
Canon EF 300mm F 40 L IS Lens For EOS 5D 5D mark ii 5D 5Ds 5DSR 7D 60D 6D
Time Remaining: 18d 18h 11m
Buy It Now for only: $1,449.00
Opteka 65mm Fisheye Lens f Canon EOS 7D 6D 5D 80D 70D 60D T6i T6s T6 T5i T5 T3i
Time Remaining: 8d 8h 19m
Buy It Now for only: $149.95
Canon 135mm f 20L USM Telephoto Lens EOS 5D 5D mark ii 5D 5Ds 5DSR 7D 60D 6D
Time Remaining: 15d 9h 44m
Buy It Now for only: $999.00
CANON EF 400mm F 4 DO IS USM Lens for EOS 1D 7D 1Dx 5D II III T5i T6i 80D 6D etc
Time Remaining: 8d 20h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $2,722.22
Opteka 65mm Fisheye Lens for Canon EF EOS 70D 60D 7D 6D 5D T6i T6s T6 T5i T5 T3
Time Remaining: 3d 12h 45m
Buy It Now for only: $149.99
Canon EF 70 200mm f 28 F28L USM Lens for EOS 70D 5D 6D Rebel T5i T6i T6s SL1
Time Remaining: 6d 9h 11m
Buy It Now for only: $1,319.94
Canon EF 11 24mm f 40L F4 L USM Zoom Lens for Rebel T6i T6s T5 T5i EOS 5D 6D 7D
Time Remaining: 27d 16h 5m
Buy It Now for only: $2,799.95
Canon EF 28mm f 28 Lens for EOS 80D T6i T5i 70D 6D 7D 1Dx 1D 1Ds 5D II III etc
Time Remaining: 1d 20h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $139.99
4. Learn as much as you can about your favoured genre of photography. It's quite accurate; I like to presume that I'm only just learning the basics in a lifelong quest to feel fulfilled and you never stop learning. I never stop trying to learn and I quite regularly seek workshops and tuition from photographers who I deem to be one of the very best in Landscape Photography in my area. I want to find out more and fuel my desires to learn as much as I can concerning the craft of photography. I've met some great folks along my short journey so far and I've found the community of Australian Landscape Photographers to be a friendly one where we attempt to share knowledge to gain one another. Your favourite photographers in your town and don't be afraid to contact them about receiving some. Do not expect that these photographers will just tell you everything that they understand for free and esteem that these photographers need to make a living from what they do.
5. Eventually my last tip is to just get out there and shoot! Learn by doing! Stop talking about it and merely do it! Achieve better results through dedicated actions. Mistakes are another word for encounter although there will be many discouragements and blunders along the way. For each failed shoot a lesson will undoubtedly be learnt and this is what'll significantly help you become a better photographer. I've made my share of mistakes and I'm quite certain I Will continue to make a few more as I get more experienced but I can tell you that I'm considerably better for each blunder that I've made. For example I once left behind an L bracket that supports the camera on my tripod head in the car where I was away jump for a pre-morning waterfall shoot. Just once I had arrived after completing the hour long trek in the dark did I realise that I forgot the L Bracket... Year's on and I've never forgotten that same L mount ever again...
I am hoping you got something out of these hints and if so I would greatly appreciate you letting me know. I would love to hear your comments.
Can Cause You To Get Popular In Your Area!
For those who have been following my daily posts, you've been working quite hard lately learning all the various photo tricks and rules... Now let's try our hands at an extremely interesting photo endeavor - which may cause you to get well-known in your community! We just don't understand what, although I am aware that those people who've been bitten by the photo bug regularly wake up in the morning wanting to shoot something!
Here is a project which can be carried out in a couple of minutes or can last years - and it is totally up to you...
Nikon D810 with Nikon mount LAOWA 15mm f 4 macro lens
Time Remaining: 4d 22h 11m
Buy It Now for only: $2,000.00
VIVITAR 650 2600mm Telephoto Lens for NIKON D5500 D4s D810 D750 D610 D7200 D7100
Time Remaining: 24d 7h 30m
Buy It Now for only: $209.00
RARE Hexanon 1000mm F8 Lens for Sony A7 R II Canon 5D IV Nikon D810 Fuji X T2
Time Remaining: 26d 18h 35m
Buy It Now for only: $2,499.00
Nikon 80 400mm VR AF S ED Zoom Lens for D4s D610 D810 D3200 D5200 D7100 Camera
Time Remaining: 18d 17h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $1,899.00
NIKON NIKKOR AIS ED IF 400MM F56 LENS+FILTER FOR F2AS F3 T F6 D500 D810 CAMERAS
Time Remaining: 8h 6m
Buy It Now for only: $395.00
Nikon D5 NIKKOR 50mm f 12 Ai lens FAST normal lens Filter Hood Nikon D810
Time Remaining: 3d 13h 30m
Buy It Now for only: $420.00
Nikon D810 FX format Digital SLR Camera KIT NIKKOR 35 50 85mm Telephoto HDMI
Time Remaining: 17h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $6,497.00
Nikon Nikkor AF i 400mm f 28 IF ED lens D5 D850 D810 D500 D7500 solar eclipse
Time Remaining: 25d 18h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $6,895.00
Most communities have some kind of historical society. Try contacting the local library, in the event that you can't find a listing for one. Once you've tracked them down, pay them a visit and request to see old photographs of the area. Locate a chance taken back as far as the middle 1800's, possible is ideal, and get a duplicate of the photo. Now take your gear, go to exactly the same area and shoot a modern day photo from the same vantage point, etc. Try and duplicate as much of the photo as you can... if there's a horse and buggy going down the road, include a car at the exact same place in your photo. Whether there are folks wandering down the pavement, set some folks in yours also! I'm sure you know what I mean! You're trying to replicate as much as you can. (Do not forget to take the photo at the same time of day!)
Print them out side by side once you're done. This project is going to educate you more than you can ever call! It will not just teach you the way to work with your gear, but nevertheless, it is going to instruct you to look for and be observant of details. Not only that, this job is ideal for children just starting out in photography all the way through old retired professional shooters. Everything depends on you and just how much detail you need to carry.
For example... In the original photograph with folks strolling down the pavement... does your photo reveal them?
500mm f 63 Telephoto Mirror Lens fo Canon EOS 1D Mark IV III II 5D 7D 60D T6i T
Time Remaining: 26d 23h 15m
Buy It Now for only: $169.95
sigma 120 300mm 28 APO DG HSM canon eos 1D 5D mark II III IV 6D 7D 80D 70D 60D
Time Remaining: 4d 9h 32m
Buy It Now for only: $1,680.00
Telephoto 500mm f8 Mirror Lens for Canon EOS 1D Mark IV III II 5D 7D 60D T5i T2i
Time Remaining: 15d 21h 9m
Buy It Now for only: $95.95
Albinar Telephoto 500mm f8 Mirror Lens fo Canon EOS 1D Mark IV III II 5D 7D 60D
Time Remaining: 27d 23h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $97.50
SIGMA 28 70mm F28 EX DG CANON EF EOS 1D 6D 7D 80D 70D 60D 5D mark II III IV
Time Remaining: 8h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $400.00
Canon EF 28mm f28 Lens EOS 1D 6D 7D 80D 70D 60D 50D 40D 1V 1N 5D mark II III IV
Time Remaining: 2d 10h 8m
Buy It Now for only: $118.00
A photo by a teenaged beginner may not. It is OK. Shoot at your own level! Are you innovative? If so the strollers are included! We may even go deeper in case you would like to... Is it the same size family group as the original? Are they made up of exactly the same mixture? (Guy, girl, three kids.)
In other words, you can keep it simple - no individuals at all! Only the place. Or you'll be able to get as elaborate as you need. This endeavor is a surefire method to get known in your community - once people have seen your before and following photographs. Compile them into a collection and contribute a copy to the neighborhood historical society, library, Chamber of Commerce.
Afterward, do it again! Before long you are going to have enough of them to put together a 'then and now' type of publication! Chambers of Commerce adore this sort of thing!
You ARE going to love this photo job! Not only will you have a lot of fun, learn to master your equipment and develop a critical photo 'eye.' You will quickly become known in the community for your photography! To find out more, check the resources box!