5 Tips to Boost Your Photography
The following 5 tips represent the top 5 things which have helped me the most to develop as a photographer and I continually refer to these to further my development. I trust they also can assist you along your own journey.
1. It sounds simple but it's accurate; looking at pictures that are good will make you a better photographer. Analyze images shot by the best photographers in your field.
Personally I've found always looking at other photographers' work and studying what it is that appeals to me in pictures that I like to have led to the most improvement in my photography. I really urge you to be grim in which pictures you analyze - do not analyze good pictures but rather just study 'great' pictures. A great photograph will make you stop and take notice and capture your interest. When looking at such pictures ask yourself the following questions:
a) What elements instantly appeal to you personally in the image? Is it the light? The issue? The composition? Perhaps it was the low angle perspective? Comprehend what it's the fact that you like so much from the image and then set out to include these components in your work. The more pictures you analyze the more noticeable trends in what you like so much become.
b) Observe the time of day the image was shot? Was it at pre-morning or following sunrise? Try and confirm a trend and then place-out to shoot during exactly the same times of the day
c) Detect the course of lighting; is the light hitting the subject from the rear, front or is the subject side lit?
d) What topic continually makes for a powerful image?
Nikon 55 200mm DX AF S ED Lens for D3200 D3300 D5300 D5500 D7100 D7200 Camera
Time Remaining: 18d 13h 49m
Buy It Now for only: $114.99
500mm 1000mm Lens for Nikon D5 D4 D810 D750 D7500 D5600 D5500 D5300 D3400 D3300
Time Remaining: 28d 13h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $89.95
Nikon AF P DX 70 300mm f 45 63G ED VR Lens 20062 for Nikon D3400 D5300 D5500
Time Remaining: 2d 13h 7m
Buy It Now for only: $199.62
Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera W 18 140mm f 35 56G 50mm AF S f 18G Bundle
Time Remaining: 11d 11h 56m
Buy It Now for only: $1,599.00
Opteka 65mm Fisheye Lens for Nikon D7200 D7100 D5600 D5500 D5300 D3400 D500
Time Remaining: 8d 12h 45m
Buy It Now for only: $149.99
Nikon AF S 12 24mm f 4 F4 G DX Zoom Lens Kit for D7100 D7200 D3300 D5300 D5500
Time Remaining: 13d 13h 7m
Buy It Now for only: $959.99
Nikon 10 24mm f 35 45 G DX AF S Zoom Lens for D3200 D3300 D5300 D5500 D7200
Time Remaining: 4d 14h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $919.99
Nikon 16 80mm f 28 4E VR DX AF S ED Lens for D610 D750 D810 D7200 D3300 D5500
Time Remaining: 21d 13h 55m
Buy It Now for only: $799.00
There are numerous on-line sources where you are able to seek out great photos but none better in my opinion than 500px. Simply see the 'Popular' and 'Editors Choice' sections and pick your individual genre (i.e. Landscapes). There is even an iPhone App you could download so that you could be inspired whilst you are on the go.
2. Just reveal your very best images - not only images you are reasonably happy with but pictures you feel proud to reveal. There was once a question asked in a presentation by a photographer that was successful and they were asked a simple question from one of the crowd members. The question was how to do you become a great photographer? The successful photographer's reply was afterward just as equally easy; 'never show anyone your poor pictures'. I think this is really accurate and only really recently is something which I Have started to do better after a recent moment once I realised that I was sharing pictures on social networking outlets since I felt the need to keep creating pictures frequently and by doing so compromising on quality and finally compromising my standing along the way... Don't make the same mistake that I just show your very best images and made. Then such an image is simply not good enough if you are in two minds or not certain about an image! Only show pictures that you're absolutely convinced that they are a hero shot. Revealing just 5 very strong pictures is significantly better than revealing 8 really powerful coupled with two weak pictures; those two weak images will substantially soften the impact of the other eight and cause the viewer to shift their perception about the quality of you as a photographer. The old golden rule stays; quality is better than quantity.
3. This third rule is more related to Landscape Photography. In order to enhance as a Landscape Photographer you need to be amazingly consistent! In the event that you go to a scene and you've captured an image that you simply are not quite content with because the lighting conditions may have not been the greatest, then do not settle; until you capture an image of the same scene in amazing light, return to the same place. In case you talk to any experienced Landscape Photographer they'll tell you that most of their trips and those debilitating early pre-dawn starts prove fruitless... Accept that you're not always going to return with pictures to share and in the event you are finding that you are capturing a worthwhile image on each of your shoots because you're blessed, it's not but rather your quality expectations are not high enough! It requires years to construct an assortment of images which you can really feel proud of and I have the upmost respect for successful landscape photographers for this very reason as I 've a somewhat comprehension of just how much effort has gone into producing their group of pictures.
Canon EF 35 80mm III Zoom Lens EOS Digital Rebel T4i T3i T2i T1i XSi 60D 70 4
Time Remaining: 1d 14h 55m
2 Canon Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel T5i T4i T3i T2i 700D 650D 600D 550D
Time Remaining: 20d 7h 58m
Buy It Now for only: $198.42
Canon EF S 18 200mm f 35 56 IS Zoom Lens for EOS Rebel T5i T4i T3i T2i T1i 60D
Time Remaining: 25d 17h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $269.00
Canon 18 55 + 55 250 Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel T5i T4i T3i T2i 700D 650D 600D
Time Remaining: 20d 18h 58m
Buy It Now for only: $319.42
HD TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS 420 1600MM FOR CANON EOS REBEL T1 T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 T2I T3I
Time Remaining: 26d 18h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $189.21
Tamron 70 300mm Di Lens Kit for Canon EOS 60D 5D Mark 7D Rebel T2i T3 T3i Camera
Time Remaining: 23d 8h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $269.95
Canon EF S 18 55mm f 35 56 IS II Lens EOS Rebel T2i T3 T3i T4i T5 2042B002
Time Remaining: 9d 22h 39m
Buy It Now for only: $74.99
Canon EF S 55 250mm f 4 56 IS II Lens EOS Rebel T2i T3 T3i T4i T5 2044B002 AB
Time Remaining: 22d 18h 25m
Buy It Now for only: $129.99
4. Learn as much as you can about your favoured genre of photography. It is quite true; I like to presume that I am only just learning the basics in a lifelong quest to feel fulfilled and you never stop learning. I never stop trying to learn and I quite often seek tuition and workshops from photographers who I deem to be among the best in Landscape Photography in my region. I like to learn more and fuel my desires to learn as much as I can about the craft of photography. I've met some wonderful folks along my short journey so far and I Have found the community of Australian Landscape Photographers to be a friendly one where we try and discuss knowledge to benefit one another. Identify your favourite photographers in your town and also don't be afraid to contact them about receiving some paid for knowledge sharing. Don't expect that these photographers will only tell you everything that they know for free and esteem that these photographers need to make a living from what they do.
5. Eventually my last hint would be to just simply get out there and shoot! Learn by doing! Stop talking about it and simply do it! Achieve better results through committed activity. Errors are another word for experience although there will be errors and many frustrations along the way. For each failed shoot a lesson will soon be learnt and this is what'll greatly help you become a better photographer. I have made my share of mistakes and I am quite certain as I get more experienced I'll continue to make a few more but I can let you know that I am considerably better for each mistake that I Have made. For example I once left behind an L bracket that holds the camera on my tripod head in the car where I was away jump for a pre-dawn waterfall shoot. Just once I had arrived after completing the hour long trek in the dark did I realise that I forgot the L Bracket... Year's on and I've never forgotten that same L bracket ever again...
I trust you got something out of these tips and if so I would greatly appreciate you letting me know. I'd adore to hear your opinions.
Can Make You Popular In Your Community!
When you have been following my daily posts, you've been working pretty hard recently learning all the various photo tips and rules... Now let's try our hands at a truly enjoyable photo project - that can cause you to get famous in your community! I am aware that those of us who've been bitten by the photo bug regularly wake right up in the morning needing to shoot at something, but we just don't know what!
Here is a job that may be done in a couple of minutes or can last years - and it's absolutely up to you...
Tamron 70 300mm Di LD AF Lens for Nikon D3100 D3200 D3300 D5100 D5200
Time Remaining: 20d 10h 20m
Buy It Now for only: $134.99
DSLR Nikon D5100 + Nikkor 10 24mm + Nikkor 18 200mm + Nikkor 35mm + Pelican1450
Time Remaining: 28d 15h 22m
Buy It Now for only: $970.00
Deluxe Kit for Nikon D5100 D5200 D5300 w 18 55 VR 70 300 G 50 18D Lens
Time Remaining: 10d 11h 26m
Buy It Now for only: $479.00
Deluxe Accessory Kit for Nikon D5100 D5200 D5300 w 18 55 VR 50 18D Lens
Time Remaining: 10d 10h 48m
Buy It Now for only: $389.00
52mm Complete Accessory Kit for Nikon D3300 D3200 D3100 D5500 D5300 D5200 D5100
Time Remaining: 3d 12h 8m
Buy It Now for only: $54.75
Nikon Zoom Nikkor 70 300mm F 45 56 G SWM AF S VR IF ED Lens D7100 D7200 D5100
Time Remaining: 6d 13h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $309.00
Nikon D5100 Nikon 70 300 Lens Nikon 18 55 Lens Opeteka Fish Eye Evecase Came
Time Remaining: 2d 13h 20m
Buy It Now for only: $650.00
Nikon 18 55 VR 55 200 VR 650 1300 Zoom Lens Wildlife Kit D3100 D5100 D7000
Time Remaining: 23d 14h 15m
Buy It Now for only: $419.00
Most communities have some sort of historical society. In the event you can't find a listing for one, try contacting the local library. Once you've tracked down them, pay them a visit and request to see old photos of the region. Find an opportunity taken back as far as the middle 1800's, possible is perfect, and get a copy of the photo. Now take your equipment, go to exactly the same spot and shoot a modern day photo etc., from exactly the same vantage point Attempt to duplicate as much of the photo as you can... if there is a horse and buggy going down the street, contain an automobile at the same spot in your photo. If there are people strolling down the sidewalk, put some folks in yours also! I am certain you know what I mean! You are striving to replicate as much as possible. (Don't forget to take the photo at the same time of day!)
Print them out side by side once you are done. This endeavor will teach you more than you could ever call! It will instruct you to search for and be observant of details, although it will not only educate you on just how to work with your gear. Not only that, this project is ideal for kids just starting out in photography all the way through old retired expert shots. It all depends on you and just how much detail you need to carry.
For example... In the first photograph with people strolling down the sidewalk... does your photo reveal them?
CANON EOS 40D CANON LENS 50 mm 18 CASE ETC
Time Remaining: 8d 18h 45m
Buy It Now for only: $544.24
Canon EF S 10 22mm f 35 45 USM lens for EOS Digital Rebel T5 T6 40D 60D 70D 7D
Time Remaining: 26d 9h 34m
Buy It Now for only: $335.95
650 1300mm Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS Mt Digital 50D 30D 5D 40D 7D T3 T3i T4i
Time Remaining: 24d 12h 30m
Buy It Now for only: $189.99
650 1300mm Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS Mt Digital 50D 30D 5D 40D + Micro Fiber
Time Remaining: 29d 12h 14m
Buy It Now for only: $229.99
Canon EF 75 300mm f 4 56 III Telephoto Zoom Lens f EOS 7D 40D 60D 70D + Dlx kit
Time Remaining: 19d 14h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $108.95
500mm 1000mm Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS 60D 50D 40D 30D 20D 10D 7D EOS 1D X
Time Remaining: 26d 13h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $135.00
2X Teleconverter Extender for Canon EOS 7D 30D 40D 50D SL1 1D T4i 650D T3 T3i XS
Time Remaining: 21h 20m
Buy It Now for only: $129.95
Canon EF 75 300mm f 4 56 III Zoom Lens + 14pc Kit for EOS 7D 7D Mark II
Time Remaining: 27d 15h 38m
Buy It Now for only: $139.95
A photo by a teenaged beginner may not. It's OK. Shoot at your own amount! Are you innovative? In that case the strollers are comprised! We can even go deeper in the event you want to... Is it the same size family group as the first? Are they made up of the same combination? (Guy, woman, three kids.)
To put it differently, you can keep it simple - no people at all! Just the location. Or you can definitely get as complicated as you desire. This endeavor is a surefire method to get known in your community - once people have seen your before and following pictures. Compile them in a group and donate a copy to the neighborhood historical society, library, Chamber of Commerce.
Subsequently, do it! Before long you will have enough of them to put together a 'then and now' type of publication! Chambers of Commerce adore this sort of thing!
You ARE going to love this photo endeavor! Not only will you have a lot of fun, learn to master your gear and create a critical photo 'eye.' You will immediately become known locally for your photography! To find out more, assess the resources box!