5 Tips to Enhance Your Pictures
The following 5 tips represent the top 5 things which have helped me the most to develop as a photographer and I continually refer to these to further my development. I trust they too can help you along your own journey.
1. Looking at great photographs will make you a better photographer but it's true although it seems easy. Examine images captured by the best photographers in your field.
Personally I've discovered continually looking at other photographers' work and examining what it is that appeals to me in pictures that I like to have caused the most progress in my photography. I really urge you to be stern in which pictures you study - don't study good photographs but instead simply examine 'great' photos. A great photograph will make you stop and take notice and capture your interest. When looking at pictures that are such ask yourself these questions:
a) What components immediately appeal to you in the image? Is it the light? The matter? The composition? Perhaps it was the low angle perspective? Comprehend what it's that you enjoy so much from the image and then set out to contain these elements in your own work. The more pictures you analyze the more obvious tendencies in what you enjoy so much become.
b) Detect the time of day that the image was shot? Was it at pre-morning or following sunrise? Try and establish a trend and then set-out to shoot during the same times of the day
c) Discover the course of lighting; is the light hitting the subject from the rear, front or is the subject side lit?
d) What issue continually makes for a solid image?
VIVITAR 650 2600mm Telephoto Lens for NIKON D800 D4 D5100 D3s D300s D80 D40 D40X
Time Remaining: 22d 7h 56m
Buy It Now for only: $209.00
Exc Nikon Nikkor 85mm 18 D Lens for D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D200 D300 D700 D7000 +
Time Remaining: 27d 1h 6m
Buy It Now for only: $309.95
READ Nikon Micro 60mm 28 D Lens for D1 D2 D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D200 D300 D700 +
Time Remaining: 29d 2h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $198.95
Nikon AF G Nikkor 28 80mm f 33 56 lens for N80 F100 D800 D70 D90 D300 D80 D610
Time Remaining: 26d 7h 30m
Buy It Now for only: $59.95
Exc Nikon Nikkor 28 80mm AF Zoom Lens for D50 D70 D80 D90 D200 D300 D500 D7000
Time Remaining: 26d 3h 17m
Buy It Now for only: $79.95
Nice Nikon Nikkor 28 80mm G AF Zoom Lens for D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D100 D200 D300
Time Remaining: 19d 7h 38m
Buy It Now for only: $67.95
Nikon Nikkor 24 85mm D Macro Zoom Lens for D2 D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D200 D300 D700
Time Remaining: 29d 2h 56m
Buy It Now for only: $249.95
Exc Sigma 105mm 28 Macro AF DG Lens w Hood for Nikon D70 D80 D90 D100 D300 D700
Time Remaining: 11d 1h 9m
Buy It Now for only: $279.95
There are numerous on-line sources where it's possible for you to seek out great pictures but none better in my opinion than 500px. Just see the 'Popular' and 'Editors Choice' sections and pick your respective genre (i.e. Landscapes). There's an iPhone App that one can download so you could be inspired whilst you are on the go.
2. Only show your best pictures - not merely images you're fairly happy with but pictures you feel proud to reveal. There was once a question asked in a presentation by a photographer that was successful and they were asked a straightforward question from one of the audience members. The question was how to do you become a great photographer? The successful photographer's response was afterward just as equally straightforward; 'never show anyone your awful photographs'. I think this is extremely true and only really recently is something which I Have started to do better after a recent moment when I realised that I was sharing images on social media outlets since I felt the need to keep creating pictures frequently and by doing so compromising on quality and ultimately compromising my standing along the way... Do not make the same mistake that I just show your very best images and made. Then such an image is just not good enough, if you are in two minds or not certain about an image! Only reveal images which you're totally convinced that they are a hero shot. Revealing only 5 quite powerful images is a lot better than showing 8 quite strong coupled with two poor images; those two feeble pictures will greatly soften the impact of the other eight and induce the viewer to change their perception about the quality of you as a photographer. The old golden rule stays; quality is better than amount.
3. This third rule is more relevant to Landscape Photography. To be able to enhance as a Landscape Photographer you need to be amazingly persistent! Also you've captured an image that you're not quite content with because the lighting states may haven't been the best and should you visit with a scene, then do not settle; until you capture an image of the same scene in amazing light, return to the same location. In the event that you talk to any experienced Landscape Photographer they will let you know that the majority of their trips and those painful early pre-dawn starts prove fruitless... Accept that you're sometimes not going to come back with images to share and in case you are finding that you are getting a worthwhile image on each of your shoots it's not because you are lucky but instead your quality expectations aren't high enough! It takes years to build a collection of pictures that you could really feel proud of as I have a somewhat understanding of just how much effort has gone into making their group of images, and I have the upmost respect for successful landscape photographers for this very reason.
Kipon AF Adapter for Contax 645 Medium Lens to Canon EOS 7D 7DII 5DIII 60D 5DS R
Time Remaining: 16d 7h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $438.00
Canon EF 85mm f 12 L II USM Lens 85 F12 Mark 2 for EOS 5DS R 5D Mark III IV 6D
Time Remaining: 21d 12h 24m
Buy It Now for only: $1,645.00
420 800mm f 83 16 Zoom Telephoto Lens MF For Canon EOS 5Ds R 7D 5D Mark 2 3 6D
Time Remaining: 2d 14h 56m
Buy It Now for only: $113.00
YEENON Leica R to EOS Adapter w focus confirmation chip for 5DS R camera China
Time Remaining: 23d 45m
Buy It Now for only: $89.00
Kipon AF Adapter for Contax 645 Medium Lens to Canon EOS 7D 7DII 5DIII 60D 5DS R
Time Remaining: 10d 21h 34m
Buy It Now for only: $430.00
4. Learn as much as you can about your favoured genre of photography. It's really accurate; you never stop learning and I like to think that I'm only just learning the basics in a lifelong search to feel fulfilled. I don't stop attempting to learn and I quite consistently seek workshops and tuition from photographers who I deem to be among the best in Landscape Photography in my area. Fuel my desires to learn as much as I can about the craft of photography and I like to learn more. I have met some great people along my short journey so far and I've found that the community of Australian Landscape Photographers to be a friendly one where we attempt to share knowledge to benefit one another. Your favourite photographers in your area and do not be scared to contact them about receiving some paid for knowledge sharing. Do not expect that these photographers will only tell you everything that they know for free and instead regard that these photographers need to make a living from what they do.
5. Finally my last hint would be to just get out there and shoot! Learn by doing! Stop talking about it and simply do it! Achieve better results through dedicated action. Errors are another word for encounter although there will be many frustrations and blunders along the way. For each failed shoot a lesson will soon be learnt and this is what'll considerably assist you to become a better photographer. I've made my share of mistakes and I am quite sure as I get more experienced I'll continue to make a few more but I can let you know that I am considerably better for each blunder that I've made. For example I once left behind an L bracket that holds the camera on my tripod head in the car where I was away bound for a pre-morning waterfall shoot. Only once I had arrived after completing the hour long trek in the dark did I realise that I forgot the L Bracket... Year's on and I've never forgotten that same L bracket ever again...
I trust if so I'd greatly appreciate you letting me know and you got something out of these tips. I'd like to hear your opinions.
Can Make You Renowned In The Community!
In case you have been following my daily posts, you've been working quite hard recently learning all the various photo tips and rules... Now let's try our hands at an extremely entertaining photo project - that may make you famous in your community! We simply don't understand what, although I know that those people who have been bitten by the photo bug regularly wake up in the morning wanting to shoot something!
Here's a project that can be achieved in a few minutes or can continue years - and it's totally up to you...
Nikon D800E 363mp Digital Camera Body Shutter Count 56100
Time Remaining: 15d 22h 46m
Buy It Now for only: $1,599.00
NIKON F NIKKOR O AUTO 35 f2 Ai Nippon Kogaku Wide Angle Nikon DSLR D800 CLEAN
Time Remaining: 4d 19h 51m
Buy It Now for only: $134.00
Nikon Nikkor 200mm f 4 AI PRIME telephoto lens for FE FG FM2 F3 F5 D800 D610 DF
Time Remaining: 22d 7h 30m
Buy It Now for only: $149.95
Nikon Nikkor AF i 400mm f 28 IF ED lens for D4s D5 D810 D800 D500 D750 D7500 F6
Time Remaining: 23d 3h 18m
Buy It Now for only: $7,895.00
Nikon 105mm F 14E AF S ED Nikkor Lens AMAZING F mount D810 D750 D4 D5 D800
Time Remaining: 25d 10h 46m
Buy It Now for only: $1,952.00
Near Mint Nikon Nikkor AF 300mm f 28 ED Lens D810 D800 D750 D600 D610 D500 DF
Time Remaining: 4d 4h 28m
Buy It Now for only: $1,162.00
Nikon Zoom Nikkor AF 28 100mm FX and DX Lens D90 D300 D600 D700 D800 D7000 D7100
Time Remaining: 6d 6h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $102.50
Nikon AF S Nikkor ED IF 70 200mm f 4 G ED IF VR Lens for D7100 D800E D810
Time Remaining: 18d 10h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $1,034.07
Most communities have some sort of historical society. Try contacting the local library, in the event you can't find a listing for one. Once you've tracked them down, pay a visit to them and request to see old pictures of the region. Locate an opportunity taken back as far as possible, the middle 1800's is ideal, and get a copy of the photo. Now take your gear, go to the exact same spot and shoot a modern day photo from exactly the same vantage point, etc. Attempt to duplicate as much of the photo as you can... if there's a horse and buggy going down the road, comprise an automobile at exactly the same spot in your photo. If there are people strolling down the sidewalk, put some folks in yours too! I'm certain you know what I mean! You're trying to replicate as much as possible. (Don't forget to shoot the picture at the same time of day!)
Print them out side by side once you're done. This job is going to educate you more than you can ever predict! It'll not only coach you on just how to work with your equipment, but nevertheless, it will instruct you to try to find and be observant of details. Not only that, this project is ideal for children just starting out in photography all the way through old retired master shots. Everything depends on you and just how much detail you want to convey.
For example... In the initial photograph with folks strolling down the sidewalk... does your photo show them?
VIVITAR 8mm f 35 Fisheye Lens for CANON EOS 7D XSi 50D
Time Remaining: 15d 15h 36m
Buy It Now for only: $225.00
500mm 1000mm Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS 60D 50D 40D 30D 20D 10D 7D EOS 1D X
Time Remaining: 19d 56m
Buy It Now for only: $135.00
650MM 2600MM TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS FOR CANON EOS REBEL 20D 30D 40D 60D 1100D 50D
Time Remaining: 12d 2h 11m
Buy It Now for only: $264.99
Tokina AT X AF 17mm f 35 canon ef EOS 1D 40D 50D 60D 70D 80D 1D 6D 7D 5D markII
Time Remaining: 3d 20h 49m
Buy It Now for only: $218.00
Canon EF 28 80mm 80 200mm USM lens SET for EOS Rebel T4 T5 T6 50D 5D 7D 60D 70D
Time Remaining: 3d 2h 46m
Buy It Now for only: $115.95
650 1300mm Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS Mt Digital 50D 30D 5D 40D + Micro Fiber
Time Remaining: 21d 23h 19m
Buy It Now for only: $229.99
500mm f 8 Preset Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS 50D 60D 7D dSLR
Time Remaining: 22d 5h 39m
Buy It Now for only: $109.95
Canon EF 17 35mm F 28 L USM EOS 1D 50D 60D 70D 80D 7D 6D 5D markII III IV 1
Time Remaining: 4d 4h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $532.00
A photo by a teenaged beginner may not. It is OK. Shoot at your own level! Are you innovative? If so the strollers are contained! We may even go deeper if you want to... Is it the same size family group as the original? Are they made up of the same combination? (Guy, woman, three children.)
In other words, you can keep it simple - no people at all! Only the place. Or you can definitely get as elaborate as you need. This project is a guaranteed way to get known in your community - once people have seen your before and following photographs. Compile them into a collection and donate a copy to the neighborhood historical society, library, Chamber of Commerce.
Subsequently, do it again! Before long you will have enough of them to put together a 'then and now' type of novel! Chambers of Commerce love this sort of thing!
You ARE going to appreciate this photo project! Not only will you have plenty of fun, learn to master your gear and create a critical photo 'eye.' You will fast become known locally for your photography! To find out more, assess the resources box!