5 Tips to Enhance Your Photography
The following 5 tips signify the top 5 things which have helped me the most to develop as a photographer and I always refer to these to further my development. I hope they also can assist you along your own journey.
1. Looking at photographs that are great will make you a better photographer but it is accurate although it sounds easy. Examine pictures recorded by the best photographers in your field.
Personally I Have discovered always looking at other photographers' work and analyzing what it is that appeals to me in pictures that I like to have caused the most improvement in my photography. I really urge you to be grim in which pictures you study - do not examine good photographs but instead simply study 'amazing' pictures. A great photograph will make you stop and take notice and catch your interest. When looking at pictures that are such ask yourself the following questions:
a) What elements immediately appeal to you in the image? Is it the light? The subject? The composition? Perhaps it was the low angle perspective? Understand what it's the fact that you enjoy so much from the image and then set out to contain these components in your work. The more pictures you analyze the more clear tendencies in what you like so much become.
b) Find the time of day that the image was captured? Was it at pre-dawn or after sunrise? Try and confirm a trend and then place-out to shoot during the same times of the day
c) Find the course of lighting; is the light hitting the subject from the rear, front or is the matter side lit?
d) What topic continually makes for a powerful image?
NIKON AF S 300MM F28D LENS D810 D750 D700 USED
Time Remaining: 13d 1h 29m
Buy It Now for only: $1,549.99
Nikon AF S 24 70mm f28 G ED Nikkor Lens D5 D750 D810
Time Remaining: 29d 18h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $1,218.00
NIKON AF S NIKKOR 24 70mm f28G ED LENS D5 D750 D4 D810 OPEN BOX
Time Remaining: 27d 1h 26m
Buy It Now for only: $1,299.98
NIKON AF S NIKKOR 70 200MM F28G ED VR II LENS D810 D750 REFURBISHED
Time Remaining: 11d 1h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $1,529.99
Nikon AF Zoom Nikkor 28 105mm f 35 45 D IF Macro FX lens for D810 DF D610 D750
Time Remaining: 6d 6h 40m
Buy It Now for only: $169.50
Nikon 105mm F 14E AF S ED Nikkor Lens AMAZING F mount D810 D750 D4 D5 D800
Time Remaining: 23d 6h 46m
Buy It Now for only: $1,955.89
Nikon Nikkor 28 mm f 2 AI S PRIME Fast CRC lens HN 1 for FM2 F3 FA F5 DF D750 D5
Time Remaining: 22d 16h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $249.95
Nikon Nikkor AF i 400mm f 28 IF ED lens for D4s D5 D810 D800 D500 D750 D7500 F6
Time Remaining: 20d 23h 18m
Buy It Now for only: $7,895.00
There are numerous online sources where it's possible for you to seek out great pictures but none better in my opinion than 500px. Just see the 'Popular' and 'Editors Choice' sections and choose your specific genre (i.e. Landscapes). There's even an iPhone App you could download so that you can be inspired whilst you're on the go.
2. Simply show your very best pictures - not only images you are pretty happy with but images you feel proud to show. There was once a question asked in a presentation by a successful photographer and they were asked a simple question from one of the crowd members. The question was how to do you become a great photographer? The successful photographer's answer was then just as equally easy; 'never show anyone your bad photographs'. I think this is really authentic and only very lately is something which I Have began to do better after a recent instant once I realised that I was sharing images on social media outlets since I felt the need to keep generating images frequently and by doing so compromising on quality and finally compromising my standing along the way... Don't make the same mistake that I just show your very best images and made. Then such an image is just not good enough in the event that you are in two minds or not sure about an image! Only reveal pictures that you're completely convinced that they're a hero shot. Revealing only 5 really powerful images is a lot better than showing 8 really strong coupled with two weak pictures; those two feeble pictures will greatly weaken the effect of the other eight and cause the viewer to alter their perception about the quality of you as a photographer. The old golden rule still remains; quality is better than amount.
3. This third rule is more applicable to Landscape Photography. To be able to improve as a Landscape Photographer you have to be very persistent! If you visit with a scene and also you've captured an image that you're not quite happy with because the lighting states may haven't been the greatest, then do not settle; return to the same location until you capture an image of the same scene in light that is astonishing. In case you talk to any veteran Landscape Photographer they will say that the majority of their trips and those painful early pre-dawn starts prove fruitless... Accept that you are sometimes not going to come back with images to share and in the event you're finding that you're getting a rewarding image on each of your shoots because you're lucky, it's not but instead your quality expectations aren't high enough! It requires years to build an assortment of images that you could feel proud of and I have the upmost respect for successful landscape photographers for this very reason as I have a somewhat understanding of just how much effort has gone into making their collection of pictures.
Canon Extender EF 2x Mark III for EOS 1D 1Ds 1Dx 7D 5D II III IV 6D 80D T6i etc
Time Remaining: 21d 3h 13m
Buy It Now for only: $369.99
Canon EF 24 70mm F28L II USM for EOS 1D X 5D Mark III 7D 70D NEW EMS Free Ship
Time Remaining: 29d 8h 49m
Buy It Now for only: $2,445.00
Canon 1Ds m III Zeiss Planar T 50mm f 14 ZE lens for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Time Remaining: 27d 18h 52m
Buy It Now for only: $425.00
Canon EF 16 35mm f 28L III USM Zoom Lens for EOS 80D 7D 5D Mark III T6 T6i T6s
Time Remaining: 21d 21h 37m
Buy It Now for only: $1,999.00
sigma 120 300mm 28 APO DG HSM canon eos 1D 5D mark II III IV 6D 7D 80D 70D 60D
Time Remaining: 9d 15h 54m
Buy It Now for only: $1,680.00
New Canon EF 600mm F 4 L IS II USM w Warranty for EOS 5D III 1Dx 1DS 1D mark II
Time Remaining: 1d 14h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $10,980.00
ZEISS Distagon ZE 35mm f 2 T lens for Canon digital cameras EOS 5D Mark III
Time Remaining: 28d 13h 39m
Buy It Now for only: $645.00
Mint Canon EF 300mm f 28 L IS II USM for EOS 6D 70D 7D 5DS 5D Mark II III
Time Remaining: 13d 5h 54m
Buy It Now for only: $4,800.00
4. Learn as much as you can about your favoured genre of photography. It's very accurate; you never stop learning and I like to think that I'm only just learning the basics in a lifelong search to feel fulfilled. I never stop trying to learn and I quite consistently seek workshops and tuition from photographers who I deem to be among the best in Landscape Photography in my area. I want to learn more and fuel my desires to learn as much as I can concerning the craft of photography. I have met some amazing folks along my short journey so far and I Have found the community of Australian Landscape Photographers to be a friendly one where we try to share knowledge to gain one another. Identify your favourite photographers in your area and do not be scared to contact them about receiving some. Do not expect that these photographers will just tell you everything that they understand for free and instead esteem that these photographers need to make a living from what they do.
5. Eventually my last suggestion is to just get out there and shoot! Learn by doing! Stop talking about it and merely do it! Achieve better results through committed activity. There is going to be errors and many discouragements along the way but blunders are another word for encounter. For each unsuccessful shoot a lesson will soon be learnt and this is what will significantly assist you to become a better photographer. I've made my share of errors and I am quite confident as I get more experienced I'll continue to make a few more but I can tell you that I'm considerably better for each mistake that I've made. For example I once left behind an L bracket that holds the camera on my tripod head in the car where I was away leap for a pre-dawn waterfall shoot. Just once I had arrived after finishing the hour long trek in the dark did I realise that I forgot the L Mount... Year's on and I've never forgotten that same L bracket ever again...
I am hoping if so I would greatly appreciate you letting me know and you got something out of these tips. I would like to hear your comments.
Can Make You Well-known In The Neighborhood!
In the event you have been following my daily articles, you've been working pretty hard recently learning all the various photo tips and rules... Now let us try our hands at an extremely enjoyable photo endeavor - that can cause you to get renowned in your community! We just don't know what, although I know that those of us who've been bitten by the photo bug frequently wake right up in the morning needing to shoot something!
Here's a job which can be carried out in a few minutes or can continue years - and it's absolutely up to you...
EXC Sigma 28 90mm Macro D Zoom Lens for Nikon D50 D70 D80 D90 D100 D200 D300 +
Time Remaining: 4d 16h 26m
Buy It Now for only: $74.95
Tokina AT X PRO D 100mm f 28 Macro Nikon w Hoya UV Filter
Time Remaining: 3d 1h 29m
READ Nikon Nikkor 28mm 28 AF Lens for D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D100 D200 D300 D700 +
Time Remaining: 26d 21h 43m
Buy It Now for only: $98.95
Exc Nikon Nikkor 28 100mm AF G Lens for D1 D2 D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D100 D200 D300
Time Remaining: 6d 18h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $79.95
Tokina AT X PRO D 100mm f 28 Macro Nikon w Hoya UV Filter NEW
Time Remaining: 29d 25m
Buy It Now for only: $399.00
Exc Sigma 100 300mm AF DL D Zoom Lens for Nikon D70 D80 D90 D100 D200 D300 D700
Time Remaining: 26d 23h 8m
Buy It Now for only: $69.95
READ Nikon Nikkor 28mm 28 AF D Lens for D50 D70 D80 D90 D100 D200 D300 D700 +
Time Remaining: 26d 22h 26m
Buy It Now for only: $114.95
Nice Nikon Nikkor 28 80mm G AF Zoom Lens for D3 D50 D70 D80 D90 D100 D200 D300
Time Remaining: 17d 3h 39m
Buy It Now for only: $67.95
Most communities have some sort of historical society. In the event you can't locate a listing for one, try contacting the local library. Once you've tracked them down, pay a visit to them and request to see old pictures of the area. Find a shot taken back as far as possible, the middle 1800's is perfect, and get a copy of the photo. Now take your gear, go to exactly the same place and shoot a modern day photo etc., from exactly the same vantage point Try to duplicate as a lot of the photo as you can... if there's a horse and buggy going down the road, include a car at the same area in your photo. If there are folks strolling down the sidewalk, place in yours too! I'm certain you know what I mean! You're attempting to replicate as much as you can. (Don't forget to shoot the shot at the same time of day!)
Once you're done, print them out side by side. This endeavor will teach you more than you can ever predict! It is going to teach you to search for and be observant of details, although it'll not only educate you on the way to work with your gear. Not only that, this endeavor is perfect for kids just starting out in photography all the way through old retired pro shots. It all depends on you and just how much detail you need to communicate.
For example... In the initial photograph with people strolling down the pavement... does your photo show them?
2 Canon Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel T5i T4i T3i T2i 700D 650D 600D 550D
Time Remaining: 10d 15h 4m
Buy It Now for only: $279.42
Canon EF 35mm f 2 IS USM Lens for Rebel T3i T3 T4i EOS 6D 7D Digital SLR Camera
Time Remaining: 23d 15h
Buy It Now for only: $549.00
Canon EF 50mm f 14 F14 USM Lens for EOS 60D 5D 7D Rebel T3 T3i T4i DSLR Camera
Time Remaining: 24d 19h 37m
Buy It Now for only: $349.00
Ideal Accessory Kit for Canon EOS Rebel T3i T4i w 18 55mm IS 75 300 III Lens
Time Remaining: 28d 22h 35m
Buy It Now for only: $299.00
Canon EF 35 80mm III Zoom Lens EOS Digital Rebel T4i T3i T2i T1i XSi 60D 70 4
Time Remaining: 1d 19h 41m
Canon EF 85mm f 18 F18 USM Lens EOS 7D 5D Rebel T3i T3 T4i Digital Camera USA
Time Remaining: 12d 16h 13m
Buy It Now for only: $392.98
Canon EF S 18 200mm IS Zoom Lens for EOS 7D 70D Rebel T3 T3i T5i T5 DSLR Camera
Time Remaining: 2d 15h 12m
Buy It Now for only: $699.00
Canon EF 75 300mm f 4 56 III Zoom Lens for EOS Rebel T6i T5i T3i T1i XSi 60D
Time Remaining: 4d 3h 25m
Buy It Now for only: $67.00
A photo by a teenaged beginner may not. It's OK. Shoot at your own level! Are you more sophisticated? If so the strollers are comprised! We may even go deeper in case you want to... Is it the same size family group as the original? Are they made up of exactly the same mixture? (Man, girl, three kids.)
To put it differently, you can keep it simple - no individuals at all! Just the place. Or you can get as complex as you need. This project is a surefire method to get known in your community - once people have seen your before and following pictures. Compile them in a collection and give a copy to the neighborhood historical society, library, Chamber of Commerce.
Subsequently, do it again! Before long you'll have enough of them to put together a 'then and now' type of novel! Chambers of Commerce adore this kind of thing!
YOU'RE going to enjoy this photo job! Not only will you've got a lot of fun, learn to master your gear and create a critical photo 'eye.' You will immediately become known in the community for your photography! To find out more, assess the resources box!